Jimmy Neutron vs. Jimmy Negatron
|Jimmy Neutron vs. Jimmy Negatron|
Jimmy Neutron vs. Jimmy Negatron (full title: The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius vs. Jimmy Negatron) is an action game published by THQ in 2002. The PC version was developed by AWE Games, and the Game Boy Advance version by Hungarian studio Human Soft. It is based on the TV series, The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius.
Jimmy Negatron, an evil boy genius, plans to take over Retroville, and it's up to Jimmy Neutron to stop him!
- This game reuses the same engine from the previous Jimmy Neutron game, which was made a year prior to this game.
- The main antagonist, Jimmy Negatron, is just a typical "I'm going to take over the world because I'm evil!" type of villain. Not to mention the fact that he is just a clone of Jimmy Neutron, with the only thing standing out from him would be his lab coat, beard and gloves.
- Stupid plot: Jimmy Negatron's plan is to mess with Jimmy Neutron's dimension just for fun, and to impress Cindy Vortex.
- The lip-syncing is horrendous as the mouth movement just doesn't match the words properly. Note that the first PC game had this too but looked worse.
- Typical "more artificial, less intelligent" A.I.: The mechanical dinosaur A.I. doesn't even immediately attack you, but instead attacks the town without them acknowledging your presence at all when you come near them.
- This is extremely jarring for an action game like this, especially when the enemy AI is atrocious.
- Though a slight improvement over its predecessor, the graphics still look like they were made from a Half-Life mod, even for 2002 standards.
- The game also appears more linear than the previous PC game as there is a level select rather than openly exploring Retroville.
Game Boy Advance Version
- The 3D perspective in this version just doesn't work compared to the PC version.
- Boring and bland level designs, even for a game that was released in 2002.
- Creepy looking characters, even for GBA standards. Even the GBA version of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius looks better than this.
- Awful platforming controls; you fall a lot and can end up being annoyed pretty easily.
- Many grammar errors, such as the one where Nick says "You are cool boy".
- Stupid ending: It's just the main cast thanking and praising Jimmy for saving them, then after that it displays a still image of Jimmy & Goddard and then it takes you back to the main menu. It's almost like Human Soft forgot what they were doing.
- Atrocious graphics; not even the 2D graphics make the game better to look at.
- Some of the enemies are pretty strange, such as the mean kids from the evil dimension who look like adults.
- It uses tank controls just like the PC version, which is basically pointless because most Game Boy Advance games move in 8 different directions.
- While this game hasn't been received well, the concept of having Jimmy Negatron as a villain in this game is quite an interesting concept, even if it was a bad idea.
- The voice actors from the show reprise their roles on the PC version.
- While many of the levels are poorly executed, the ideas for them are not too bad.
The Game Boy Advance version received mixed reviews.
- In the PC version, Jimmy Negatron and Jimmy Neutron have the same voice actor, Debi Derryberry.