Iron Soul is a 2014 third-person shooter released for Microsoft Windows on Steam. It was developed by BluBee Games and published by Effat Effati.
Discovery of a new Goldilocks planet has led to the creation of a new type of army. One that is made of metal and steel. One that can't feel pain or fear. One that is said to be our only hope against a possible alien invasion. Sadly, even with all the technological advancements available to future governments, they are not fully in control of the machines... The bot-mageddon is coming and it will be up to one our brightest scientists to help us against the inevitable.
Why It Has No (Iron) Soul
- This game is basically a rip-off of the Armored Core series.
- The opening text crawl is filled with grammatical and spelling errors.
- The narration seems to be done by a text-to-speech program who can't pronounce words like "evil" and "hypothetical" correctly.
- Terrible and nonsensical story.
- Plot hole: if Cyrus' robot is installed with anti-hacking measures, why aren't the rest of the robots and systems protected from hacks with the same measures?
- The subtitles sometimes don't match what the characters are saying.
- Bad voice acting, especially from the purple aura, who has a very annoying voice.
- In fact, the Steam trading cards even call the purple aura "The Annoying Voice"!
- Awkward controls. For example, in order to aim and zoom in, you have to hold the right mouse button and press Q. Why can't the mousewheel be used?
- The aiming crosshair is disabled by default, and the option to enable it is hidden deep in the options menu.
- Terrible jumping mechanics. The double jump that is acquired later on acts more like an extension of the previous jump, as the player doesn't go higher with the double jump.
- Cyrus' robot has a breathing animation when standing still, despite being a robot.
- In some copies of the game, the health and shield circles don't move.
- The player mostly fights the same types of robots, including ones that look like eyeballs with legs and worm-like creatures.
- In some copies of the game, the first boss cannot be defeated, as it has no health bar.
- The graphics are passable.
- The design for Cyrus’ robot is fine.