International Game Developers Association
The International Game Developers Association (IGDA) is a professional association that "advance the careers and enhance the lives of game developers" and advocates for "quality of life, diversity, anti-censorship" etc.
However, the organization is extremely corrupt and hypocritical, and many of its actions do more harm than good, to gamers and developers alike. It has been considered by some as one of the biggest enemies of gamers seeking ethics in journalism as well as a waterboy for the worst kinds of corruption in the gaming industry.
Why They Suck
- Their affiliation with EA - a company infamous for overworking and abusing its employees - shows that they clearly don't care about the well being of game developers.
- Even if they do care, IGDA is not a real employee protection group, meaning that it has zero legal power.
- Point 2 is not stopping them from charging studios with "program fees" to receive protection against "accusations of low quality of life".
- Extremely pro-SJW, and like typical all-bark-no-bite SJWs, they participate in campaigns in order to raise reputation and bail out when the heat becomes too great for them.
- One of their affiliated sites, Gameqol, has stolen and illegally distributed one of Ethan Ralph's articles on Leigh Alexander.
- They spent most of the funding they've received on extravagant parties and exotic vacations.
- It's current head, Kate Edwards (formerly Tom Edwards), attacks Nintendo for firing Alison Rapp - a radical feminist and part-time prostitute who promotes child pornography.
- What makes this even more ridiculous is that Rapp is a product marketing specialist, NOT a developer. Meaning that IGDA shouldn't have any reason to defend her.
- They also employed Randi Harper's blocklist tool that labels all #Gamergate users as harassers to "block some of the worst offenders in the recent wave of harassment".
- Sheri Rubin, a board member, is a financial supporter of both Zoë Quinn and Anita Sarkeesian.
- It's founder, Ernest W. Adams, is a propagandist who takes hypocrisy up to a whole new level.
- They weren't pro-SJW at the beginning, and they actually cared about gaming ethics before (they tried to start a mass campaign to get famous anti-video game psychiatrist Dr. Keith Ablow’s medical license revoked for ethics violations in 2013).
- Kate Edwards' "anti-harassment resource" backfired when it labelled Roberto Rosario - the IGDA Puerto Rico chairman - as a harasser.
- During a party held by IGDA and YetiZen in 2013, three female dancers wearing revealing outfits were featured. This caused immense backlash and had several members such as Brenda Romero resigning in protest.