I Wanna Be the Guy fan games
"I don't want power, I just want to go back home and stop playing these shitty fangames!"— The Kid, I Wanna get Cultured 2
I Wanna Be the Guy is a 2D platform game that gained notoriety for it's incredibly hard difficult mode, considering by most people to be one of the hardest games ever created. After it's success, many fans attempt to create various fan games, but unfortunaly many of them are not incredible and memorable to honor the original 2D platform game. They can be found on a site called Delicious Fruit.
Why Most of Them Suck
- Most of these fan games are just clones of the original I Wanna be the Guy without any creativity.
- There are also games that rip-off other fan games, showing that most of these "developers" are lazy and unnoriginal.
- Most of the levels design are bland and generic, which looks like a poor made version of an original IWBTG level. One notable example is a level with a very basic background, using only the IWBTG tilesets, and the only hazards you have to avoid is the spikes and delicious fruits.
- Some titles are hilariously bad, like "I Wanna be the New", "I Wanna be the Butterfly" and "I Wanna go Die".
- The bosses are boring and unnoriginal, since most of them are basically a .png image of the character with no animation, attacking the player with delicious fruits. Some infamous examples are a giant spike, a giant delicious fruit, and Hatsune Miku.
- Speaking of Hatsune Miku, she is well know to be the worst boss ever created in IWBTG fan games, mostly because of her battle system. Her battle consists of The Kid avoiding the delicious fruits attacks, while a Vocaloid song is played. The problem is that the delicious fruits can be way too fast, making it difficult to avoid them. To make matters worse, the Vocaloid character doesn't have hitboxes, which means that any attack you give to her is useless. The only way to defeat her is to avoid the delicious fruits until the song ends, and this can be very frustrating if the song is very long.
- Most of these games are just incredibly hard, even by IWBTG standards, using a lot of annoying hazards and overpowered bosses that makes them just impossible to beat.
- Some of them are too short and can be beaten in 5 minutes or less.
- There are still some great IWBTG fangames like I Wanna Kill the Guy, I Wanna be the Boshy, I Wanna Run the Marathon, I Wanna be the Co-op, and much more.
- Some even make fun of horrible fan games, like I Wanna get Cultured 2 and I Wanna be the Cat.