Hyper Dragon Ball Z
Hyper Dragon Ball Z is an MUGEN fan game & screen-pack were developed by Team Z2. The game were inspired from the 90s retro fighting game of Capcom, but with DBZ stuff on. There are about 10 characters, let you play as Goku, Super Saiyan Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Frieza and two unplayable boss are SSGSS Goku and SSGSS Vegeta. It also have modes to let player choose like Arcade, VS, and Team VS.
Why It Sucks
- If you remove SSGSS Goku and SSGSS Vegeta from your character rosters, SSJ Goku will repleace them in the final match. And, if you are a beginner, no matter what difficulty you play in the arcade mode, SSJ Goku is really OP.
- All the characters having a special bar call "Emo Bar", which allow to make some special Lv3 finisher moves on the character. And, technically SSJ Goku, which is the only character having a problem with an emo bar, because he charge the emo bar by teleport, and you can easily lost your emo bar before reaches the max level of it.
- Around 2017, many users try to make they own Z2 characters and call it "Z2i". But, some Z2i characters are took sprites and animations from Extreme Butoden. And they have tons of problems, and the creator of the character doesn't change it anyway!
- Again with Z2i characters, Broly Z2i is an really broken character. No matter what difficulty you have, Broly doing the same combo over and over and most of his basic punch and kicks are too overpowered because they're completely unblockable.
- Tons of reskins and color-swaps characters everywhere in MediaFire, Google Drive and MUGEN Archive.
- Some colorswaps and reskins characters are kind of good, Future Gohan Z2i is a great example for this.
- There's some very fun to play characters, like Candy Vegetto/Vegito.
- Some characters like Goku or Gohan got a very balanced AI.
- The entire game is really good. Unlike other 1.0 and 1.1 MUGEN fangame and screen-packs, this game is fun to play.
- Despite it's a MUGEN game, it supports online playing, so you can play with other people.
- Team Z2 also put Japanese voice in their characters, so some characters have a config file on it, let you to change the language and character functions.
- Well voice acting for the English Z2 character voice.