Hyakujuu Sentai Gaoranger
Hyakujuu Sentai Gaoranger (百獣戦隊ガオレンジャー Hyakujū Sentai Gaorenjā) is an action game based on the TV series of the same name, which is the 25th installment in the long-running Super Sentai series. This show was adapted into Power Rangers Wild Force in America.
It was developed by Natsume and published by Bandai. It was released in Japan for the PlayStation on November 29, 2001, with a "Bandai the Best" reprint later being released on February 20, 2003.
Why It Sucks
- You can only play as GaoRed and can't play as any of the other Gaorangers. What kind of Super Sentai game does not able to let you play as any other Sentai Rangers?
- After beating Rouki (demon form of Tsukumaro Oogami/GaoSilver), a message tells you that you unlocked GaoSilver. However, you can't even play as him afterward, making the "unlock" completely pointless, much like the rest of the Gaorangers.
- It is way too short, consisting of only 6 levels. It would take only 20 minutes to beat the game (minus cutscenes).
- You can't choose which mecha you want to use before fighting any of the giant monsters.
- Every mecha plays exactly the same. The only difference between them being their animations and appearance
- Highness Duke Org Ura is oddly absent in this game, despite him being a major villain in the series and the series was about to end soon.
- Most of the levels feature and overuses Highness Duke Org Rasetsu, turning him into (aside from King Org) the main antagonist of the game, despite being the most unlikable villain in the TV show series itself.
- Lacks many Baron Orgs.
- The game is rather easy, even on the hardest difficulty.
- No Versus Mode.
- Survival Mode can only be unlocked by completing Story Mode.
- Good graphics.
- Decent soundtrack along with a theme song by Yukio Yamagata.
- A nice bonus at the final level which includes a game-exclusive villain, King Org.