Horse Racing 2016
Horse Racing 2016 is an indie horse racing game developed and published by Indian programmer Yashpal Singh under the name Yash Future Tech Solutions Private Limited as his first game. Originally released as a freemium mobile game available on Android on November 17, 2016, and later iOS on December 14, 2016, the game received a paid PC port on October 21, 2016, and a paid console port on December 16, 2017.
Why It Sucks
- Rubberbanding is a HUGE issue in the game, i.e. in one race you can easily overtake your opponents whereas, in the next race, your opponents overtake you super-quickly.
- The controls are all mapped to the PS4's DualShock controllers, meaning the PC port will not work without a DualShock controller attached to it.
- All you do in the game is just mash one button, and that's it!
- In fact, Steam reviewer CapShot revealed that the game can actually destroy your controller due to how frequently the button must be mashed.
- Awful Roblox-like graphics that make the game look like an early-2000s 3D game
- In fact, it is possible to port this game into Roblox!
- Adding on to WIS #4, some of the HJs (horse jockeys) look like they have enlarged heads due to their helmets blending in with their skin and racing suits.
- Every single one of the HJs' names is ripped off from the names of the characters of Lost and the actors portraying them.
- For some weird reason, all the horses share the same name as the HJs riding them.
- Your horse loses his motivation super-quickly if you don't whip his butt enough times.
- Adding on to WIS #7, your horse gets angry very easily if you whip his butt too much.
- The game was sold for US$13 on the PlayStation Store, US$30 on the Microsoft Store and US$10 on Steam, even though the game is freemium in the first place.
- The title can always be seen in the upper right corner of the screen in a black box, which is unremovable.
- The game's speedometer is nothing but a colour-changing bar, making it near-impossible to know precisely what your speed is.