Anime - World War II
Warning! This article is NSFW!
This article may contain content unsuitable for readers under eighteen years or older.
Anime - World War II (formerly known as Hentai - World War II) is a third person shooter game developed and published by Konnichiwa Games.
Plot (from store page's description)
"The year 1941 is the year of creation of H.E.N.T.A.I. battalion. The city fell quickly after the Nazi advent. The nation is desperate and there is no hope left. This is a dangerous path these Anime Girls took as our saviours.. So let's be wary, thought, enemies are now smarter then ever and there is no sense of begging them.. Join the H.E.N.T.A.I. battalion of the best Anime Girls out there and win this city back to our nation!"
Why It Sucks
- This game is basically yet another generic hentai shovelware game. The game is filled with tons of stolen assets from various source, with the only exception for the main character's edited body model.
- The model of Hitler appears to have been stolen directly from Sniper Elite V2.
- Nonsensical settings; the main character you're playing is the only anime-looking character in the whole game. Also, while the game is set in 1941, the main character is wearing a modern military uniform, making her look completely out-of-place.
- Very little gameplay variety; there's technically only one mode in the game, where you're shooting a neverending hordes of Nazi soldiers (who's also the only enemy in the game without DLCs). You can't either win (because the game never ends even after you've defeated the "boss" - which will be explained later) or lose (because the game simply respawn you after you die).
- There's a mode called "Fight for Achivements", which is basically the same with normal gameplay, the only difference is that you'll get a LOT of achivements (3,000 in total) by playing this mode, rendering the game into achivement farmer game.
- Poorly detailed models, which look worse than some games from the 2000's.
- The only way to unlock more enemies is purchasing DLCs that costs more than the base game when combined, which adds only two enemies; the Nazi zombies (which can only be fought in separate mode), and a giant Adolf Hitler wielding a Luger pistol as a "boss".
- Bad spawning system; the enemies can quickly spawn in short time and can quickly swarm you. And, sometimes, they can be spawn right next to you.
- Unfair difficulty, other than the spawning problem mentioned above, the enemies were also bullet sponges that can took a lot of hits from various guns (other than shotgun).
- Poor gunplay system, almost every gun (except shotgun) were underpowered, while the shovel (a melee weapon) is basically an instant kill.
- No key binding options.
- While the game stated that it had a "character customization", it is simply stripping the clothes of from the main character.
- False Advertising: The only "hentai" aspect of the game is the main character's nude model (which had to be unlocked via DLC), which had very poor quality.