Hello Kitty: Cube Frenzy (Game Boy Color)
Hello Kitty: Cube Frenzy is a 1997 video game developed by Culture Publishers and localized in North America by NewKidCo and it was released for PlayStation. This page will cover the Game Boy Color version developed by Torus Games.
Why It Sucks
- Poor controls because there are less buttons on a Game Boy Color rather than the PlayStation’s 13-14 buttons. This makes it confusing for players who played the PlayStation version.
- Terrible music because of it being on an 8-bit system rather than a 32-bit system.
- The gameplay is in 2D rather than 3D. This was because the Game Boy Color couldn’t do 3D graphics.
- Cut down version of the PlayStation game of the same name.
- Cheesy graphics.
- Awful, boring gameplay.
- No clear cart version of the game exists. That's because clear carts were totally new, starting with the Game Boy Color version of The Smurfs' Nightmare.
- Also no sign of an error message exists if attempting to play on original Game Boy models.
- Unlike the PlayStation game, it was never released in Japan.
The port received negative reviews and scored a 2.88 on GameFAQs.com.