Goat Simulator is a simulation game developed by Coffee Stain Studios. It was released in 2014 for Microsoft Windows and later ported to consoles and mobile devices. It was made as a joke and was made to parody the amount of poorly made simulator games on Steam.
Why It Intentionally Sucks
NOTE: This game is made as a joke, and is intentionally meant to be bad.
- The game gets boring and repetitive after playing for a while. Once you've unlocked all the goats and found all the secrets, it gets very boring.
- Tons of bugs and glitches. Characters often get stuck in walls, go flying for no reason, etc.
- Weird physics.
- It crashes a lot. There's even an achievement for crashing the game (thankfully, the random crashes are entirely patched out and the only way to crash the game now is through a console command, or (if you're lucky enough) by a low-end PC).
- Bad collision detection. When you fall from a high point, sometimes you will go through the map when you land.
- Lots of outdated jokes and internet memes. Even in 2014 some of the jokes were already getting stale.
- This costs $10!
- It blatantly stole assets and aesthetics from Nyan Cat and Flappy Bird to make Flappy Goat (one of the playable games in the game) and its accompanying the achievement Flapmaster.
- The bike is extremely frustrating to control and you may fall down easily.
- It's a fun time waster when you first play the game.
- It's very cheap when it goes on sale. (Buy the game when it's on sale.); The Android version is free.
- It has lots of DLCs that are actually quite fun and probably better than the base game. Heck, it even has a AGW DLC!
- Crazy physics and ragdolls (if you're into that sort of thing.)
- Thankfully, the game itself has a disclaimer on the website saying it's broken, stupid, unfinished and tells you to do something more useful, like learning a new foreign language or making friends with GOATS!
- Despite its crappiness, it still has a fanbase that’s actually not that bad.
- Doing certain tasks give you different goats and you can select them anytime (but on the mobile versions you can choose them, while you must repeat the tasks in the PC version every time you start a new game to get them and there is no goat selection screen, like the mobile version).
The game received mixed reviews from both critics and gamers. Some say that the game is good thought it was funny. The people who hated the game say that it is unfunny, broken and overpriced, and say the only reason it got popular in the first place was that a lot of famous YouTubers like Pewdiepie, and Jacksepticeye, played it.