Jump to navigation Jump to search
Gacha Life is a simulation and "animation studios" created by Lunime. It is notoriously known for having some controversial stuff, especially in the fandom.
Why It Sucks
- Even though the game has an E rating on the Play Store and 9+ on the App Store (note that mobile stores have their uploaders assign ratings), it contains some references to things that are either inappropriate for the target audience (such as a reference to Boku no Pico) or even downright offensive, namely a joke related to the 9/11 attacks that was eventually removed in an update.
- Even worse is that Luni hasn't removed most of those in updates.
- You can also dress up characters in lingerie, which is also not exactly E-rated content.
- The premade character designs are really generic and are mostly made for fanservice.
- Very limited movement. You point on where your character wants to go, and they just instantly teleport there.
- Despite looking like a simple 2D game, the game has horrendous optimization. Speaking of this, even the game's store page admits this! But for some reason, the developers have no intention to fix it.
- It isn't formatted well for 4:3 tablets like most of the iPad series, leaving letterboxing on the screen.
- Low-resolution backgrounds.
- The PC version (which can be found here) is only a demo for some reason. This shows that the developers might be lazy.
- Repetitive leveling system, since the characters you talk to say the same things over and over again. They also have quizzes you can easily ace since it's just related to what they say.
- The gameplay itself is just really boring and simplistic. In fact, more people use the game to create OCs rather than play the game itself.
- Stamina does not regenerate while the game is switched off, meaning that you have to have it open for it to regenerate.
- Various props (which can use as gifts for the character in Life Mode) are locked behind the titular Gacha system, forcing the player to repeatedly use their Gems just to get a good prop for their story or a gift for one of said characters.
- Magical Luni, one of the few hidden characters, has an extremely unfair quiz, where most of the info given to you when you ask him is thrown out the window in favor of one of the many, MANY, "Duck" answers.
- The filtering system is much worse as it also censors good words, for example, typing in "grass" changes it to "gr***".
- Although generic, the character designs are really cute.
- A little variety when it comes to customization.
- Luni listened to the criticism of the 9/11 joke mentioned by 1chi and removed it in an update.
- Sadly, this update wasn't available in the IOS version of the game.
- It lack certain aspects from previous Lunime games, such as the pole dance pose from Gacha Studio.
- Luni also removed skin colours and sexual poses in new update after the controversy.
- This game might be good for those who want to create their ocs for concept and are learning to animate.
- It even has allowed most YouTubers to use their imagination to create creative content.