Franko: The Crazy Revenge
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Franko: The Crazy Revenge is a Polish Beat'em Up game developed by Mirage Interactive in 1994 for the Amiga and PC.
Why it Sucks
- Clumsy controls.
- Ugly character sprites.
- Very long and constant loading screens.
- Ugly backgrounds, which resemble quick Microsoft Paint drawings.
- Repetitive background music.
- Enemies often surround the player, leaving them unable to fight back.
- Lots of childish, naughty stuff slapped on the game, such as graffiti on walls containing swearing, naked enemies, characters urinating and copious amounts of blood.
- Bad hit detection on bosses.
- All the enemies fight in a similar way.
- The game has only 3 stages but the stages are extremely long.
- The bosses repeat the same lines over and over again.
- Bosses tend to attack rarely, most of the time they just wonder around and some times go outside the screen where you cannot reach them.
- For some reason, you can chose Alex as a playable character, despite the fact that in game's lore he is murdered by the gang that attacked him and Franko. What makes even less sense is that he makes an appearance in endings of both versions (in Amiga version's ending he can be seen standing alongside Franko). But again, how Alex can be alive if he was murdered a few years before the game's events!?
- The ending of DOS (PC) version sucks.
- The levels of DOS (PC) version are noticeably "compressed".
- Speaking of inaccuracies. The game itself takes place in early 1990s Poland, but for some reason one of the enemy types are ZOMO troops, despite the fact that ZOMO units were disbanded in 1989.