Fisher-Price: Firehouse Rescue
Fisher-Price: Firehouse Rescue is a video game released for the Nintendo Entertainment System, developed by Imagineering and published by GameTek in March 1992. It is based on the Fisher-Price toyline.
The gameplay consists of going through different mazes per level in order to rescue people from burning buildings and other sorts of dangers. There are four skill levels to choose from.
Why It Sucks
- The gameplay is too simple and repetitive, you just go "rescuing" people and animals from high places like trees or houses.
- Atrocious graphics, specially for a late NES game.
- No animations, the wheels of your truck never seem to spin and the people just slide down the ladder.
- Poor controls.
- The game is very easy and makes almost no challenge.
- There is no real danger in any of the levels, the houses are not burning and the people you rescue look happy, so, what is the purpose of rescuing those people?
- According to the game, the main character is a fire fighter in training, but when you finally become "a real fire fighter", the missions will still be the same.
- The image that appears when you range up your level doesn't resemble a real Fisher-Price figure and it looks horrifying.
- Very short, you can finish the game in less than five minutes.
- The framerate in the DOS version is very choppy.
- The garage windows in the start of each level will pass through the wall when the garage opens up.
- Mediocre and uninspired level design.
- There is almost no variation in the backgrounds and level decoration.
- In some of the missions you will need to find a key to enter in a house, but you never enter inside the houses, you just stay outside of them with your truck, that makes no sense!
- You must take care of the houses in a specific order, making the gameplay even more limited.
- No replay value.
- The title theme is terrible and unfitting, why would a circus theme play in a fire fighter game?
- No soundtrack during the missions.
- Very poor sound design, the game only has the amount of three sounds: the truck sound, the little people spawn sound and the sound they make when they slide down the ladder.
- The truck sound is really annoying and it's the only thing you will hear while you're traveling in the map.