Family Party: 30 Great Games Obstacle Arcade
Family Party: 30 Great Games Obstacle Arcade is a party game released for the Wii U published by D3 Publisher on November 2012.
Why It Sucks
- It tries way too hard to be Mario Party. What's the point of a Mario Party knock-off on a Nintendo console? The Wii U technically had two Mario Party games on it already due to being able to play Wii games, those being Mario Party 8 and Mario Party 9, not to mention that Mario Party 10 released years later.
- Minigames that range from mediocre to borderline unplayable. One of the minigames basically causes the Wii U Game Pad user to lose the minigame due to it being borderline impossible to win!
- Poor graphics.
- Terrible controls.
- In order to even play the game, you need a Wii Remote or else you can't play any of the minigames or even get out of the starting menu. Wii Remotes do NOT come packaged with the Wii U.
- Some minigames REQUIRE a nunchuck to play. Otherwise you can't leave the screen normally.
- Dumb AI.
- Horribly annoying and repetitive voice acting.
- The game repeatedly calls you a name that you didn't choose to be called.
- Misleading title. There are actually 35 games, five more than the 30 games claimed by the title of the game. This is because the Family Party: 30 Great Games label is actually a brand made by D3 Publisher, thus the "30 Great Games" title has nothing related to the amount of games in the collection. Plus, the game isn't that "great."
- Game glitches such as the controls malfunctioning and failing to work correctly.
- You need to play the game extensively alone to unlock minigames to play them in multiplayer.
- Unlocking new minigames requires you to play four Challenge Courses (5 Wii Remote and 5 Game Pad games in a row against AI opponents.) But you don't unlock any new minigames unless you win all 10 minigames in one perfect run of each Challenge Course. This often requires multiple attempts at every single course since so many minigames are broken. Made even worse by one Game Pad game that's nigh unwinnable and pops up at random during each of the courses.
- The menu theme is the only part in the game that can be considered "great."
- It does give you more games than the title says.
Family Party: 30 Great Games Obstacle Arcade received negative reviews by critics holding a score of 11/100 on Metacritic, the second-lowest score behind Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing. This game was originally considered the worst Wii U game ever made, but it lost to Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric.
- Family Party- 30 Great Games Obstacle Arcade Review (WiiU)