FNaF World is a 2016 role-playing game and a spin-off of the Five Nights at Freddy's franchise, developed and published by Scott Cawthon.
- While the game was seemingly aiming for a younger audience, in Update 2 however, minor swear words such as "dumbass" were used. However in a later update the word was removed.
- There are secret levels that are too edgy for the game, like the secret Old Man Consequences ending.
- Speaking of Update 2, The final boss Chica's Magic Rainbow is rude and annoying, and she would taunt the player in its minigame saying "You Suck", and when you defeat her, she threatens the player that it come to their house. (Although she can't since she isn't real).
- Chica's Magic Rainbow was so annoying, that players saw Balloon Boy as a more tolerable character.
- When the game first released, it was clearly unfinished as it lacked character stats and so on. Even Scott Cawthon admitted that FNaF World was the first game he rushed.
- Average graphics.
- The game itself barely has any story what so ever until Update 2, where there was little story added. However, you need to complete the game itself, to play the actual level.
- Like the other FNaF games, %Appdata% allows you to get into the game files and can easily hack the game. And you can easily unlock everything without having to play the actual game itself.
- Unnecessary cameos of characters from Scott's older games. But all of them are forgettable, except from Chipper from Chipper and Sons Lumber Co., and Scott Cawthon, himself.
- Every character is too easy to unlock, and all of them except from the Update 2 characters, are unlocked through completing random encounter battles, kinda like with other RPG games.
- False Advertising: In the teaser trailer, it showed a 3D environment (outside of battles). But in reality, it was 2D. However, in Update 1, it became 3D as the trailer showed.
- Nightmare Mangle is absent for whatever reason, but most likely because of unnecessary unlockables, such as Animdude (Aka Scott Cawthon). And to make matters worse, Jack-O Bonnie, Jack-O Chica, Nightmare BB, and Nightmarionne managed to make the cut, but not Nightmare Mangle. Which doesn’t make sense, because said characters all originated from The Halloween update for Five Nights at Freddy's 4.
- The Halloween Edition animatronics' idle animations, were all recycled from the baseline counterparts of the animatronics, that they are based on. Which is not creative, at all.
- The game itself can be fun and enjoyable sometimes.
- The adventure animatronics are very cute and pleasing designs.
- Most of the enemies and bosses are very unique from each other.
- The references to Scott's older games is pretty cool.
- Excellent soundtrack.
When FNaF World first released, despite gaining positive reviews on Steam; Most players complained about how Scott Cawthon released the game too early. And thus it was delisted from Steam and released onto GameJolt as an apology.
Scott Cawthon offered a refund to those who have bought the game when it was first released where it originally had to be payed to download.