Eggs for Bart
Warning: this game contains a lot of jumpscares. If you want to play the game, please, be careful. Viewer discretion is advised.
Eggs for Bart is a survival horror video game, developed and published by (Darien Gore) Fleebs on itch.io, inspired by a Game Grumps joke in The Simpsons: Hit & Run episode of Grumpcade. It is a parody of the television show The Simpsons. The game consists of three chapters, each focusing on a different character: Homer, Ned and Wiggum.
Why It Intentionally Sucks
- NOTE: This game was made as a parody, so it is meant to be bad on purpose.
- It is basically an asset flip, since models are used from The Simpsons: Hit & Run and The Simpsons: Road Rage, though many of them are modified, such as ghost versions of Marge, Lisa, Bart and Maggie.
- The jumpscares are very weak.
- The endings are way too abysmal, since protagonists always die in the end.
- Artificial Difficulty: The game is extremely luck-based, due to how the ghosts of The Simpsons family act: Marge randomly wanders around, Bart can block some of the passageways and pop up at the worst times, Maggie randomly cries and needs to be soothed in time (another problem is that you probably won't figure that out at first), and Lisa follows you everywhere you go; not helped by the fact that eggs are always randomly placed.
- Very tedious and mundane gameplay. All you do is just search for eggs, while avoiding The Simpson family ghosts. The only chapter that tries to add variety is the third one, but even this one does a weak job.
The Only Redeeming Quality
- The concept itself is pretty interesting. The plot is also intriguing.
- The third chapter was originally supposed to be released in 2018, but Fleebs cancelled its release and started a development on the new game named "Comalone". However, he went back to Chapter 3's development and released it on June 3, 2019.