EastEnders is a video game released exclusively for the ZX Spectrum in 1987, developed and published by Macsen Software, a software house responsible for developing home computer conversions of British game shows like Blockbusters. It is based off the popular British TV soap opera of the same name.
This game ended up being the last game made by Macsen Software before the company dissolved the same year.
Why It Sucks
- The game uses a WASZ control scheme, which is a nightmare to use on the Spectrum, since the letters are far apart from each other.
- Very boring gameplay, all you do in the game is look after plants, do the laundry, check the mailbox, feed the baby, go to the supermarket and drink alcohol.
- Awful graphics and colors even for ZX Spectrum standards.
- You can't even read the mail you recieve, making it pointless.
- Odd premise: who would want to base a game off a soap opera?