Double Dragon II: Wander of the Dragons
Double Dragon II: Wander of the Dragons is a 2013 beat 'em up video game developed by Korean studio Gravity and published by Barunson Creative. It was released only for the Xbox 360. Wander of The Dragons is a remake of Double Dragon II: The Revenge, the arcade game.
Why It Sucks
- Very broken and delayed controls.
- Horrible graphics for 2013, with low-quality textures (which make hard to even notice items that can be picked up) and amateurish colors. Despite this, the game struggles to keep a consistent framerate, resulting in the aforementioned problems with the controls.
- Enemy AI can attack you at any moment, leading to them ganging up on you when you're completely defenseless.
- Power punches do the same damage as the regular punches and power kicks just flat-out don't work.
- The one special move that works, the elbow smash, goes wherever it wants.
- Special moves need way too many points to be unlocked and they aren't vital to gameplay in any way, similar to the upgrades in Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric.
- The game forces you not to use the special moves. If you use a special move just one time in the entire game, you get the bad ending.
- Poor story.
- Many glitches, like the super bar vanishing out of nothing.
- Badly designed character models and very bad animation.
- Horrid and annoying gameplay.
- The game has a stamina meter, which limits the attacks.
- Lame final boss.
- Poor platforming sections that can be very frustrating, due to the poor controls.
- Very poorly translated English description, With lines such as "Also, characters are undressed from 80's style, and recreated with modern sexy and beautiful style that amaze you and feel never been experienced world before.".
On Metacritic, Wander of The Dragons received only 17/100 based on 19 reviews.
Internet Reviewer ProJared gave this game a 1 out of 10, calling it "the worst thing to ever happen to Double Dragon" and saying that he would rather watch the movie.
Many other people and review sites gave this game extremely negative reviews and it has gone on to (loosely) be considered one of the worst beat 'em up games of all time.