Double Dragon II: Wander of The Dragons
Double Dragon II: Wander of The Dragons is a beat-em-up game released for Xbox 360 and Xbox Live Arcade in 2013 by Gravity, based off the Double Dragon franchise. It's a reimagining of Double Dragon II: The Revenge, the arcade game.
Why It Sucks
- Very broken and delayed controls.
- Horrible graphics for 2013, with low-quality textures (which make hard to even notice items that can be picked up) and amateurish colors. Despite this, the game struggles to keep a consistent framerate, resulting in the aforementioned problems with the controls.
- Enemy AI can attack you at any moment, leading to them ganging up on you when you're completely defenseless.
- Power punches do the same damage as the regular punches and power kicks just flat-out don't work.
- The one special move that works, the elbow smash, goes wherever it wants.
- Special moves need way too many points to be unlocked and they aren't vital to gameplay in any way, similar to the upgrades in Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric.
- The game forces you not to use the special moves. If you use a special move just one time in the entire game, you get the bad ending.
- Poor story.
- Many glitches, like the super bar vanishing out of nothing.
- Badly designed character models and very bad animation.
- Horrid and annoying gameplay.
- The game has a stamina meter, which limits the attacks.
- Lame final boss.
- Poor platforming sections that can be very frustrating, due to the poor controls.
Metacritic gave Double Dragon II: Wander of The Dragons its lowest possible score, 1 star out of 5, based on 19 reviews.Many other people and review sites gave this game extremely negative reviews and it has gone on to (loosely) be considered one of the worst beat-em-up games of all time.