Donkey Kong Jr. Math
Donkey Kong gives Junior some math problems ranging from simple to more challenging. You play as Donkey Kong Jr. solving math equations.
Why It Sucks
- First of all, when you get the wrong answer, you fall off and you lose a life.
- And to add insult to injury, there is a lot of falling hazards. It doesn't even make any sense, especially when comparing this to Sonic's Schoolhouse, another abysmal educational game. At least that game doesn't have any falling hazards unlike this one.
- Solving math problems while platforming is extremely difficult and is often a chore. And for the record, this game just doesn't really teach anyone anything, other than making them feel very bored.
- This game just gets old pretty fast, and it's worth mentioning that Nintendo of all people made this, especially when Mario Teaches Typing is almost as bad as this game in general.
- Who in their right minds would think that this would be useful to other players to learn more math? This not only is bizarre, but the fact that the game is barely even playable.
- Little to no ending whatsoever:
- After completing this game, you're treated back to the title screen, meaning that all that hard work was all for nothing.
- This game is pretty much a generic "I'm gonna bore you with math because I want to", thus making this go out of the equation of how weak and uninspiring this is.
- The game's sprites are reused from Donkey Kong Jr.
The game has received generally unfavorable reviews. On aggregating review website GameRankings, it received 32% out of 100%. Nintendo Life gave it a 1/10, summarizing: "If you get excited by doing math puzzles then this will probably be right up your street but for true gamers this is a complete waste of Wii points. The Donkey Kong licence might tempt some people but this really isn't a proper Donkey Kong game. If you really must educate yourself, pick up Brain Training on the DS. Your money will be spent far more wisely.".
One of Donkey Kong's alternate colors in the Super Smash Bros. games is based on the pink Donkey Kong Jr. controlled by player two.