Jump to navigation Jump to search
Destiny is an online-only first-person shooter/action RPG game developed by Bungie and published by Activision. It was released worldwide on September 9, 2014.
- Almost nonexistent story with bad writing (pre-Taken King expansion).
- Very little endgame content at launch.
- No private match option for PvP (this was eventually added with the Rise of Iron expansion).
- Equipment perks were heavily influenced by RNG. For example, one player could get a gun with awful perks while another could get the same exact gun but with extremely beneficial perks.
- The game's best equipment could only be obtained in activities such as Raids and Nightfall Strikes. However, all of these activities required players to have their own parties and offered no matchmaking or any kind of in-game party finder.
- Enemies feel repetitive except for boss fights.
- Shallow character creation.
- Clans had no purpose.
- All equipment had their perks locked and required lots of experience grinding in order to unlock.
- Peter Dinklage's performance as Ghost was godawful, and he was ultimately replaced by Nolan North in the Taken King expansion.
- Expensive DLC.
- The Cabal enemy faction feel like an afterthought and contribute almost nothing to the story, not even with the expansions.
- Messy quest system (fixed with the Taken King expansion).
- Micro-transactions were added to the game in an update.
- You can easily clip through many NPCs in the multiplayer hub world.
- Originally, purple/legendary engrams could give out green-quality equipment due to a bug, which was extremely insulting for players. This was later fixed.
- Several weapons are rather unbalanced in PvP.
- Little mission variety, with many "defend a place while enemies zerg rush you" scenarios.
- The game's "encyclopedia", called the Grimoire, wasn't even available in-game. It could only be accessed via Bungie's website or the Destiny mobile app.
- Last-gen versions held back the game's quality and the last batch of updates and/or DLC (Rise of Iron and onwards) were for current-gen systems only.
- Bungie locked content that was already in the game at launch after The Taken King expansion was released (Nightfall and Heroic strikes, vendor gear, etc). This meant that you needed to buy the DLC to access the content you could play at launch that was included in the cost of the full game.
- There's no reason to play this game anymore since the game doesn't get updated anymore and Destiny 2 is the same game but with improved stuff
- Great visuals and art design.
- The environments look beautiful.
- The soundtrack is pretty good.
- Gunplay is smooth and extremely fun.
- The game's lore and universe are rather interesting.
- Likable characters, Cayde-6 being a notable example.
- Good voice acting, with one exception (read BQ #10).
- Lots of loot.
- Raids are extremely fun.
- Each class has various options for customizing.
- The Taken King expansion was great, and the Rise of Iron expansion wasn't too bad either.
- The character classes are interesting.