Day Dreamin' Davey
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Day Dreamin' Davey is an early 1990's NES game developed by Sculptured Software and published by HAL Laboratory, who also went on to create Kirby and Super Smash Bros.
Why It Sucks
- Bad character designs, and plus the teacher in the game's cover doesn't look like her in the actual game. On the cover, Davey looks like a character from either Doraemon or Osomatsu-san, but is drawn in a completely different style in-game.
- The title makes no sense, Davey falls asleep at certain times which is not what daydreaming is!
- Extremely lazy story, it is about Davey who got his pencil stolen by a bully, and he daydreams during class to get it back.
- Does not tell you certain instructions, you have to defeat a boss by shooting at his gun without being told.
- Other things do not make sense, you have to pierce the eye of the cyclops when you can defeat it by just hitting it anywhere, you have to defeat a robber by shooting his gun, Davey brings back a trophy from his dream.
- Lack of level settings, there is only the Old West, Ancient Greece, and Medieval times.
- To get a shield in one of the levels, you have to touch an enemy instead of killing him, which severely confuses the player.
- Ugly graphics even for NES standards.
- Awful boss placement.
- Having to press A and B at the same time to jump instead of just B.
- A teleportation zone in one of the levels literally looks like a pile of feces.
- In the Old West levels, there is an enemy where a bird literally poops blood!??
- Dumb ending, Davey literally gets the answer correct when all he did was daydream all through the movie.
- The voice samples are great even during the NES days.