Curious George is a 2006 platformer based on the 2006 film of the same name. It was developed by Monkey Bar Games (also known for developing Dora the Explorer: Journey to the Purple Planet) and published by Namco.
The plot is the same as the 2006 movie.
- The graphics look terrible; they look like something out of a fifth generation game even games such as Rayman Raving Rabbids, Viva Piñata, Kirby Air Ride, and Rockstar's Bully look better in comparison.
- Horribly stiff controls, especially on the jumping, the double jump becomes inactive after you press the jump button after one second, it should be an easy no-problem thing, but no, that means you have to press it away after you press the jump button.
- In the part where you have to stay on the roof-tops in order to not be seen, there's an invisible wall- no wait, it's just this one randomly open pathway how are you ever going to see it, you might just walk past it.
- Extremely short length of gameplay, can be simply beaten in under one hour.
- Repetitive on-loop music.
- Crappy FMV cutscenes, ripped from the movie and re-voiced.
- The mini-games are boring, simple, pointless, and repetitive at the same time.
- These characters such as Ted, Curious George, and other characters just don't transfer that well to 3D.
- There's not much you can do with the controls than just jump, curiosity pointing, and crawling.
- Bad lip-syncing with the gameplay.
- Some of the levels are fun to play.
- The game is surprisingly challenging for it's target audience.
- Although the music can be repetitive, it is at least kind of catchy.
- It is at least faithful to the movie it's based on.
- The call-shaded graphics look like the movie it's based on.
- Good gameplay.
- The Nintendo DS and PSP versions were listed on the game's website, but were eventually cancelled.
The game received "mixed or average reviews" on all platforms.