Curious George is a 2006 platform game based on the 2006 film of the same name, which in turn, is based off the children's book series of the same name. It was developed by Monkey Bar Games and published by Namco.
The plot is the same as the 2006 movie.
- The graphics look terrible; they look like something out of a fifth generation game. Even games such as Rayman Raving Rabbids, Viva Piñata, Kirby Air Ride, and Rockstar's Bully look better in comparison.
- Horribly stiff controls, especially on the jumping. The double jump becomes inactive after you press the jump button after one second, it should be an easy no-problem thing, but no, that means you have to press it away after you press the jump button. This is due to the engine (Vicious Engine) having an issue with double jumping.
- In the part where you have to stay on the roof-tops in order to not be seen, there's an invisible wall- no wait, it's just this one randomly open pathway, how are you ever going to see it? You might just walk right past it.
- Extremely short length of gameplay, can be simply beaten in under one hour.
- Repetitive, on-loop music.
- Crappy FMV cutscenes, ripped from the movie and re-voiced.
- The mini-games are boring, simple, pointless, and repetitive at the same time.
- These characters such as Ted, Curious George, and other characters just don't transfer that well to 3D.
- There's not much you can do with the controls than just jump, curiosity pointing, and crawling.
- Bad lip-syncing with the gameplay.
- Some of the levels are fun to play.
- The game is surprisingly challenging for its target audience.
- Although the music can be repetitive, it is at least kind of catchy.
- It is at least faithful to the movie it's based on.
- Despite looking terrible, the cel-shaded graphics look like the movie it's based on.
The game received "mixed or average reviews" on all platforms.