Crime Life: Gang Wars
Crime Life: Gang Wars is a Grand Theft Auto-styled action game developed by Hothouse Creations and published by Konami for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 2, and Xbox. It was the last title from developer Hothouse Creations before disbanding. A sequel was planned, but was then cancelled due to the game's overwhelmingly negative reception and poor sales.
The game takes place in the fictional Grand Central City. The protagonist is Tre, a member of the Outlawz gang. When his gang is threatened by the rise of a rival gang called the Headhunters, it's up to Tre to restore the gang to its former glory.
Why It Sucks
- Combat that feels like a beta version of Yakuza and Sleeping Dogs put in a blender.
- While there are many activities to take part in, most activities are basically the same thing.
- Combat is broken since the squad commands, which are used to give orders to other gang members, are useless and sometimes, when you use the throw attack, your enemy will fly away.
- Lackluster story that has no motivations to proceed.
- Bland finishing moves.
- The gameplay and graphics give the impression of a PlayStation game with the graphics of a PlayStation 2 game. In other words, the gameplay is very dated.
- Poor visuals: some textures move back and forth, like in early PlayStation games.
- The camera often won't let you have a clear view of what's happening on the screen.
- Blocky character models that look like they came out of a Dreamcast game.
- Some fighting moves do nothing, such as the arm bar. Because of this, only a few moves are used.
- No soundtracks throughout the entire game, with the exceptions of a D-12 track on the title screen and some hip-hop tracks that barely play through the game.