Crash Nitro Kart
Crash Nitro Kart is a kart racing video game developed by Vicarious Visions and Published by Universal Interactive for the Playstation 2, Xbox and Gamecube. It is an indirect sequel to Crash Team Racing,the game was also released on the Gameboy Advance, N.Gage and mobile phones, however these are different from the console versions and the console version will be covered in this page.
Crash among many other characters were kidnapped by the ruthless dictator Emperor Velo XXVII, threatening to destroy the Earth if they refuse, he forces them to race in his gigantic coliseum for the entertainment of his subjects.
- Barely any improvement from Crash Team Racing, in fact while it was improved in some ways, it was downgraded in other ways
- Only 13 tracks in the entire game, compared to Crash Team Racing's 18 tracks.
- This makes cups only 3 tracks as well as removing the yellow CTR (known as CNK in this game) tokens in the game, which is awkward.
- Tracks and Battle Arenas can feel really long and large.
- The karts feel slower and heavier than before.
- The kart engines are so loud it makes it almost impossible to hear the soundtrack, you can lower the volume in the game.
- The Xbox version when running on 720p, may suffer from frame-rate issues.
- The arena editor, as cool as it may sound, is very limited, as it only lets you switch the location of crates.
- Similar to Crash Team Racing, you can't see your character stats outside of Adventure mode nor play battle mode alone.
- While the bosses are cool, you don't get to play with them other than real velo (And even then you don't get to play as his boss form)
- There are 2 adventure modes, Team Bandicoot and Team Cortex, other than the cutscenes, there's not much difference, but since you need to beat both to unlock everything it makes it feel like a grind.
- Anti-Gravity segments in tracks, where your Kart walks on walls, which is cool.
- It's the first game in the series that has pre=rendered cutscenes, and they're great even today.
- Great graphics, especially for its time.
- You can switch between the 3 characters you have in Adventure mode anytime you want.
- Although long, but the new tracks are great.
- New modes in battle mode.
- It introduces team mode, where one of your teams race with you and if he crosses the finish line as first, then both players win.
- Team Frenzy mode, where if someone in your team is close to you, it charges, once it's full, you get endless amount of weapons until it's over.
- Other than Zam and Zem, the new characters are cool, though sadly you don't get to play with most of them.
- The handheld versions are much better than the console versions.