About This Wiki
From the worst games to the worst consoles to even terrible moments in gaming history, this wiki was made to warn gamers about some the worst in video game history. There are also two sister wikis also based on the formula used on this site. These are the Awesome Games Wiki which features must-own treasures in gaming and the Cancelled Games Wiki which will feature games that never came out and why they were cancelled.
- There are two major headings to use for wiki pages: Why It Sucks and Why It Flopped. Why it Flopped is reserved for consoles and add-ons as these can fail but still have several redeeming qualities, good games, and even a fanbase, in fact it can be used in a few games like LawBreakers, which is only flopped commercially and financially. Why It Sucks is reserved for games and accessories as some have little to no redeeming qualities. If the company is now going on downhill due to one game, or another games, has ruined great game companies, like Konami for example, it would be here as Why They Suck or Why They Suck Now section. For games considered "Average", then "Good Qualities" and "Bad Qualities" can be used instead, but make sure to include the "Average Games" category. The game being average is NOT depending the reason numbers, it depends to the reception. Custom headings aren’t allowed due to being completely unnecessary and the potential of users inserting coarse language on the headings or rather unoriginal jokes. Coloring names aren’t allowed, due to also being unnecessary. Plus, they show up wrong on certain devices.
- Never copy-paste from other sites like Wikipedia when writing articles as it is considered plagiarism.
- Rude behavior towards other users will not be accepted. If you are rude towards another user, expect a temporary ban. If it is repeated, permanent.
- You will be allowed to appeal your ban on your talk page, unless what you did was unforgivable.
- Writing down the plot of the game is completely optional. If you want to write the plot of the game, DO NOT include spoilers. Short summaries are fine as long as they're not include spoilers.
- Do not create new categories. If you think a new category is needed, ask the admins. If your suggestion proves to be useful, they'll create it for you.
- Do not put any game, moment, company related categories to the blog pages, expect a warning or a block for adding them again.
- Off-topic pages will not be accepted on this wiki; those will be deleted immediately, and the user who creates the page will be warned. Users will also be banned if it is repeated. Make off topic pages as blogs instead.
- Pages created by trolls (such as Video Games that people and critics liked and one person doesn't) will also result in a ban.
- Refrain from using swear words as much as possible in articles (exclusions include if there are any swear words in quotes). Swearing in the comments is fine as long as it isn't used to offend others.
- Also never type way too much all-caps on pages for no good reason, as it makes pages look unprofessional. Using italics, bold text, or underlining is okay however, as long as it isn't overused.
- Joke pages are not allowed here unless it is a blog (with few expectations).
- Reasons for deleted comments are poor grammar, malicious propaganda, harassing others, baseless insulting or if the comment makes no sense.
- Removing information, messing with the articles without giving a good reason, or any kind of vandalism, in general, will result in a ban.
- Because of the corruption in gaming journalism, as of September 4, 2015, the only reliable sources of game reviews will be user-based sites like GameFAQs and web reviewers. Game journalists supported by GamerGate are welcome so be sure to check out DeepFreeze for sites supported by GamerGate. As for GameFAQs, a game will be put on as long as it has a rating of two stars or lower. There can be a few exceptions to this rule if strong reasons for the article are provided.
- In order to prevent the wiki from being flooded, shovelware games are prohibited, unless they achieved great notoriety in the gaming community (like Ninjabread Man or The Slaughtering Grounds).
- Please try to politely argue if you think a page should be deleted.
- If you want to create a Sandbox page, do not tag your sandbox page with categories, as they will not only clutter the categories, they are only for actual articles.
- Users' sandboxes can be edited only by their respective owners unless the owner themself grants permission to contribute to the WIP pages contained in the sandbox. A notice has to be placed on top of the sandbox to state that other people can edit the WIP articles; in case of sandboxes containing multiple WIP articles, the owner has to place a notice for each article he wants other people to help with.
- Sandboxes can't be used to contain articles which aren't allowed on the wiki, or alternate, personal version of already existing articles because that is seen as an attempt to bypass the wiki's quality control and admin management; the purpose of sandboxes is only to work on pages in preparation of uploading them to the main namespace of the wiki.
- Do not make blog posts that are hit pieces to certain users you don't like or pages either.
- Grust is the only one with any right to threaten and torture the administrators. Anyone else gets permabanned and launched into space for eternity.
- We allow memes, but please put them in the trivia section if needed, as memes don’t make or break a game’s quality.
- If you are creating pages for terrible NSFW games, please add the NSFW warning template at the very top of the page first.
- Do not send foe requests to any user, as it will likely cause drama.
- Before creating any pages, please, see the "Forbidden Pages" section for what is not allowed.
- Do not add the fact that a game has a toxic fanbase and/or hatebase as a bad quality. Anyone who does this will be blocked without warning.
- Do not write quotes like "Just play X instead", "This game makes X look like a masterpiece" or "More like X" because they're lazy and unoriginal. If you have no idea for a quote, don't write any of the ones listed before.
- Please do not make articles about other users, because this could start flame wars, and besides, a few wikis were shut down because of the articles on other users that was meant to promote harassment, and humiliation.
- Also, to put this into perspective, to the other admins if you're going to block a disruptive user, please don't use any homophobic slurs or anything racist.
- Web reviewers/YouTubers are not acceptable here unless they have an extremely and widely known poor reputation.
- We also have ZERO TOLERANCE on spreading rumors about people or users. Articles that are confirmed to have rumors that are nothing but lies will be subsequently deleted. Those who are caught doing so will result in a block without warning.
- Do not abuse the cleanup template to replace stub templates. Only add on occasions when the page has an exaggerated number of pointers that are not very related to quality.
- Death threats of any kind is strictly prohibited, and those who send them towards any of the admins or any editor for that matter will be blocked without warning.
- Do not upload multiple cover arts which have the same artwork. We are still tolerant of uploading regional cover arts, depending on the artwork and title being different from the other one.
Have any questions? Have any requests? Contact the following admins.
- Any dedicated DLC page - Clogs up the wiki and they're can covered in the game's pages.
- Any gameplay-related page - Same reason as DLC pages and should be here instead.
- Any Roblox game related page - Same reason as DLC and gameplay-related pages.
- Game Freak - Too divisive for a topic.
- Blizzard Entertainment - The current Blizzard is a part of the union with Activision. Details about their business practices is included in the following article; Activision Blizzard.
- Any internet trolls (like Mariotehplumber) - Self-explanatory. Also counts as troll feeding.
- Any toxic fanbases - Fanbases are nothing do with the games.
- ProsafiaGaming - Despite being infamous for spoiling games, he is continuously overhated and was nearly killed by a hater, so it's best if we don't talk about him.
Which Mortal Kombat game makes you want to do "hara-kiri"?
You are not entitled to vote.
You are not entitled to view results of this poll.
There were 35 votes since the poll was created on 09:31, 16 November 2020.
Which Need for Speed game is the worst?
You are not entitled to vote.
You are not entitled to view results of this poll.
There were 34 votes since the poll was created on 09:56, 16 November 2020.
List of abbreviations:
- This edit created a new page (also see list of new pages)
- This is a minor edit
- This edit was performed by a bot
- The page size changed by this number of bytes
26 November 2020
Billion-dollar company, ten-cent originality.
||November 11, 1998
||Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
||Ma Huateng (chairman, CEO)|
Martin Lau (president)
Epic Games Store (through Epic Games' ownership)
Grinding Gear Games
Lightspeed & Quantum Studio
10 Chamber CollectiveSubsidiaries held under Leyou:
Tencent Holdings Ltd. (Chinese: 腾讯; pinyin: Téngxùn) is a Chinese multinational conglomerate holding company founded in 1998, whose subsidiaries specialize in various Internet-related services and products, entertainment, artificial intelligence and technology both in China and globally.
Tencent Holdings has invested into a number of non-Chinese game publishers and developers since around 2011, ranging from minority shares to full control of the company. Through these investments, Tencent is considered the largest video game company in the world as of March 2018 and 5th largest company in the world.
Other Sites We Recommend
The creation of this wiki has also inspired several other entertainment wikis which follow the same idea and concept as this one, which we call the Triangle of Opinionated Entertainment. Some examples include: