Command & Conquer: Rivals
|Command & Conquer: Rivals|
Command & Conquer: Rivals is a free-to-play real-time strategy mobile game and a spin-off of the Command & Conquer series.
Why It Sucks
- It was clear that EA wanted to squeeze the money out of the franchise and from the mobile industry as much as they can since this game is BLOATED with microtransactions, which range from $0.99 to $100.
- The combat is extremely slow and completely boring after a while.
- Little to no story what so ever, and it has nothing to do with the previous games.
- Blatant pay-to-win mechanics, especially with the microtransactions.
- The gameplay is nowhere near what the previous games were like. It's essentially a Clash-Royale clone wearing a Tiberium Universe skin.
- The announcement of the game was atrocious, consisting of a mock-up esports-like presentation that went on for nearly 10 minutes.
- EA defended the game saying that "Gamers don't know what they want". They also tried to fool others into downloading this game by posting fake reviews, like Dungeon Keeper Mobile, which worked out as well as you'd thought.
Since its announcement at EA Play 2018, Command and Conquer: Rivals has been widely criticized for being a mobile game instead of a proper real-time strategy game. EA Redwood Studios General Manager Michael Martinez responded by saying that the team hoped to bring a great real-time strategy game for mobile platforms. He also urged fans of the series to give this game a chance.
The announcement trailer has received over 66,000 dislikes on YouTube, and created the hashtag "#notmyC&C".
The massive amounts of backlash caused EA to officially announce that both the original Command & Conquer and Command & Conquer: Red Alert will be remastered, pleasing a lot of fans.