Classic Mini SX-86
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Classic Mini HDMI TV Game SX-86 Mini Games Console Entertainment System (or Classic Mini SX-86 for short) is a rip-off of Nintendo's SNES/Super Famicom Classic released around 2018.
Why It Flopped
- Most notably, the name for the console is ridiculously long! Good luck trying to even accurately memorize it.
- "Neo Geo" on the home menu is spelled wrong, it's spelled Neo Ngo.
- Speaking of the home menu, it has a very ugly appearance.
- The console has a hard time starting up, you have to unplug the console to get it to work sometimes.
- EXTREMELY ATROCIOUS emulation. It results into a horrible framerate that can only go up to only 2 FPS on 3D PlayStation games (most notably Soul Edge), and even lots of audio and visual problems such as the speed-up in sound (the Konami logo in Metal Warriors even sounds like someone banging their head on a piano (As said by Rerez when he reviewed the console) as a result) and sprites and backgrounds glitches.
- Games like Batman And Robin on Sega Genesis have no background. Making it more difficult to play.
- The controller's analog joysticks are terrible, as they slat on around. The controllers also have a crystal blue color which doesn't even fit with the color of the console, which exactly looks like a SNES Classic, look exactly like the DualShock 1/2 controllers, and also have weird numbered face buttons.
- The controls in many games are very unresponsive because there are lots of input lags.
- Button register problems & inconsistencies that aren't helped by the bad quality on the controllers.
- There is a lack of build quality on the console and controllers themselves. They feel very easy to break and crispy.
- The box with the Neo Geo word uses a picture of Street Fighter, which was never released on the Neo Geo!
- The instruction manual has poor grammar/Engrish, making it hard to understand.
- It even has hacks of games that already exist. For example, there is a hack of Mick And Mack as The Global Gladiators called Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets. which features a poorly-drawn Harry Potter.
- The only game that works well with the PlayStation emulator is an obscure game called: Ugetsu Kitan, developed by Will and published by TonkinHouse, being (according to Rerez) one of the worst games on the system, with scary graphics, horrifying sounds, and gross-out bad character designs that are NASTY to look at.