Circus Games is a party game released in 2008 for the . It was co-developed by Kuju America and Kuju Manila (the subsidiaries of Kuju Entertainment), and published by Ubisoft. It was the first and the last game made by Kuju America.
Why It Sucks
- Cutscenes reminiscent of Plumbers Don't Wear Ties and Fight Club. Still-images of poorly rendered character models with a grand total of two pitiful "animations", them being Jake jumping toward his circus ticket (just an image of him in a jumping pose zooming forward) and shadowy figures representing the evil ringleader and the other villain.
- The actual graphics are no better, looking more like early PS2 game graphics.
- Abhorrent story. It essentially involves a boy named Jake learning of a plot by an evil ringleader who wants to ruin the circus so he could convert it into a school uniform factory. You could cut out the plot sections entirely and the game would not be affected in any way.
- Dirt-basic mini games, which is to be expected given the Wii is home to titles meant to appeal to the casual crowd.
- Misuse of the Torque engine. The Torque engine is primarily used for Windows, Mac and Linux, zero optimization for consoles.
The game is relatively obscure, but the few people who have heard of it were generally negative. After the release of this game, Kuju America shut down due to redundancy.
The only official rating was IGN gave a game a 2.2/10 "Painful" rating.
The game wound up on Vinesauce's Shovelware Showcase.