The Sport Vii (also known as the Chintendo Vii) is a Nintendo Wii rip off console made by Chinese company Jungletac, creators of the Zone series, the Wireless60 and the Wireless Air 60. Like the consoles mentioned, it failed and became an infamous joke console. In Japan, it is known as the V-Sports.
Why It Flopped
- The graphics were similar to the ones of the Super Nintendo and Sega Mega Drive/Genesis, due to the use of a 16-bit processor.
- The games are pretty unoriginal and somewhat mediocre, especially the sports ones.
- Like the Intec Interact and the successor Wireless 60, it had fake motion controls (infrared technology), which were the same by pressing A, making motion control useless.
- The console and the controllers consist of bad quality.
- Every single game has pretty bizarre looking mascots, all of which look pretty ugly.
- The games that were made for the Vii are rip-offs of previous games and other franchises as listed below:
- Happy Tennis: (A rip-off of Wii Sports Tennis.)
- Catch Fish: (A blatant rip-off of Wii Play Fishing.)
- Bowling: (A poor rip-off of Wii Sports Bowling.)
- Alacrity Golf: (A clone of Carnival Games: Mini-Golf.)
- Fry Egg: (A rip-off of Cooking Mama.)
- Bird Knight: (An obvious clone of Balloon Fight.)
- Fever Move: (A rip-off of both Guitar Hero and Dance Dance Revolution.)
- Fantasy Baseball: (A rip-off of Wii Sports Baseball.)
- The console itself looks like a rejected Nintendo Wii from a manufacturing company.
- Comparing this to the Nintendo Wii, you can pretty much tell that they look really similar to each other.
- While unoriginal, most of the games are actually fun.
- On that topic, there are also VC cartridges developed for the Vii where all those games are also fairly decent.
- The music isn't bad either.
- The commercial is hilarious.
- The graphics are surprisingly nice for a Wii rip-off console.
The Vii, like most rip-offs, gained many negative reviews. Stuart Ashen of Ashens reviewed this console on his channel on November 6th, 2011 and revealed that Vii actually isn't too bad.