China Warrior (known as The Kung Fu in Japan) is a beat 'em up released on the TurboGrafx-16 in 1989 (1987 in Japan). You take control of Wang, a Bruce Lee-like martial artist who must defeat the Dark Emperor and restore peace to China. Here is a joke reversed version of this article.
Why it Sucks
- While the sprites are decent-looking and detailed, they animate stiffly.
- The same music plays throughout every level.
- Boring levels that consist of nothing but walking right constantly while fighting lame enemies such as twigs, butterflies, and monks that do nothing but walk forward.
- Stiff controls. You can't punch while jumping or kick while crouching, even though you could in Kung-Fu. Secret moves require strict timing to pull off.
- Constantly recycled bosses that are annoying to fight due to their aggressive blocking AI.
- The Dark Emperor himself looks nothing like an emperor and more like a ripoff of Beggar So, the Drunken Master.