Chicken Run (Game Boy Color)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Chicken Run is an action-adventure game based on the movie with the same name. It was developed by Blitz Games and published by THQ.
This page will only cover the Game Boy Color version.
Why It Sucks
- First off, this game doesn't even offer you any instructions on how to play the game. Instead, it relies on you figuring it out for yourself.
- It is also worth noting that this game feels like a cheap NES game and not an actual Game Boy Color game.
- The graphics for this game is VERY pixelated that even Dexter's Laboratory: Robot Rampage would be impressed.
- It is just your average plot of save the generic characters, but what makes this part tedious is that you're on a time limit. And once time is up, it's an instant game over.
- Really bland and boring gameplay that will give Scooby-Doo and the Cyber Chase a run for its money in terms of quality content.
- The music in this game is watered down to make it fit inside the Game Boy Color, making the music sound so ear-degrading. Sound familiar?
- The ending is just the crate flying off the horizon. You don't even get a showdown or even a cutscene with Mrs. Tweedy!
- The missions for this game can be such a chore, especially for the controls, as they are rather slippery.
- It doesn't really help the fact that this game is based off of the movie of the same name, hence the movie received generally favorable reviews as opposed to this game. The game really has nothing to offer and can be compared to other action-adventure games, such as Nicktoons: Globs Of Doom and Nicktoons: Battle for Volcano Island. Even those 2 games themselves have a lot to offer, unlike this monstrosity.
The Only Redeeming Quality
- Although the game itself is overwhelming to bear witness to, the concept of making a game based on the successful Chicken Run movie is good on paper, but that still doesn't save it from being reluctantly terrible in general.