Syobon Action, more commonly known as Cat Mario is a Japanese flash game made by Chiku in 2007, The game is a parody of Super Mario Bros. for the Nintendo Entertainment System.
Why It Intentionally Sucks
Disclaimerː This game is a parody and it was meant to be bad in the first place.
- Ugly visuals. Most of the textures look like they were traced from the original Super Mario Bros game, and for some reason the colors are washed-out, which gives the game a terrible look, considering the fact that the original game had much more vibrant visuals.
- The original graphics are even worse, as they look like they were created in Microsoft Paint.
- The enemies are really sluggish and their design is laughable.
- Similar to any other rip-off, there is rampant plagiarism. From the aforementioned assets to the music itself.
- The game plays almost the same as the original Super Mario Bros, making it feel like a reskin.
- It is extremely short once you figured out how to complete it. You can complete it in less than 10 minutes.
- Very poor title screen.
- The game's music background was stolen from the Super Mario Bros 3 theme and the Cheetahmen theme.
- Unfair difficulty, as enemies pop out of nowhere, some blocks being obstructed and environmental hazards being very-well hidden.
- Warp Zones do nothing but kill you.
- The game for some reason doesn't support other languages except Japanese, which is quite uncommon.