Cartoon Network Racing (PlayStation 2)
|This article is a stub. You can help Crappy Games Wiki by expanding it.|
|Cartoon Network Racing|
Cartoon Network Racing is a 2006 racing game published by Danish publisher The Game Factory. It is an unofficial sequel to Cartoon Network Speedway. The game was released for the PlayStation 2 and Nintendo DS.
The page only applies to the PlayStation 2 version developed by Eutechnyx.
The characters from Johnny Bravo, Cow and Chicken, Dexter's Lab, The Powerpuff Girls, I Am Weasel, and Courage the Cowardly Dog compete in a race in the style of Mario Kart: Double Dash!!.
Why It Sucks
- The AI will go out of its way to keep you from getting into first place.
- The levels are poorly structured and too narrow.
- The co-pilot keeps talking non-stop.
- Flem and Earl barely speak when you play as them. This was because Howard Morris (the voice of Flem) passed away in 2005, making for some seriously bad timing.
- Clunky controls that make it hard to maneuver when you make a wrong turn.
- Ed, Edd n Eddy and Codename: Kids Next Door, two of Cartoon Network's most popular shows at the time, isn't even represented in the game.
- Some character models look iffy in 3D, most notably Dexter's Mom and Carl.
- A few other main characters didn't make the cut.
- Pops from Johnny Bravo
- Teacher from Cow and Chicken
- Monkey from Dexter's Lab
- The Mayor and Sara Bellum from The Powerpuff Girls
- Lulubelle from I Am Weasel
- Katz and LeQuack from Courage the Cowardly Dog
- The kart is chosen for you after you pick a driver, though it wasn't a bad thing.
- False Advertising: On the cover, the Powerpuff Girls are driving a car that resembles a Rose Taxi in Mario Kart Tour (despite being came out 14 years later), but in the game they are driving a jeep which looks nothing like the car on the cover. They're also separate characters in the DS version.
- The soundtrack is decent.
- The graphics are also decent, and some of the character designs in 3D are passable.
- This is the only console Cartoon Network game to have the entire correct voice cast, who each reprise their roles for each character (yes, Candi Milo as Dexter counts, since she voiced him in Seasons 3 & 4). It was also nice to hear Earl and Flem have their original voice actors one last time, even if they barley speak and was bad timing due to Howard Morris' death.
- Compared to the DS version, you can play as Dexter and Dee Dee's Mom and Dad, Fuzzy Lumpkins, Earl, Flem, and Carl in this version.
- You can watch two episodes of each older Cartoon Network shows represented in this game as an unlockable item.