Buffy the Vampire Slayer (2000)
Buffy the Vampire Slayer is a beat 'em up video game based on the television series of the same name published by on September 25, 2000.
You control Buffy Summers as she defends herself against vampires and demons. To defeat an enemy you must beat the enemy up until the enemy's stamina runs out which will make the enemy fall. You must then stake the enemy before she or he recovers stamina and gets up again. Buffy also has a stamina meter, and she will also fall after she loses her stamina. However, unlike the enemies, she also has a health gauge which is drained by enemies attacking her while down. You can recover her stamina by repeatedly tapping buttons on the console.
Why It Sucks
- Poor gameplay which consists of repeatedly tapping a button on the controller to beat up an enemy.
- There is only ever one enemy on the screen to fight.
- No enemy variety.
- Buffy can take way too much damage before being defeated due to the health and stamina mechanic making the game hardly challenging. Even the final boss is trivial to beat.
- There is a cheap way to defeat enemies which makes it even more trivial to beat the game. Use a crouch kick to knock an enemy over into a corner then stake them when they fall over. There, now it is completely impossible to lose the game.
- Awful music especially in the tomb level which is absolute garbage.
- A confusing arrow points you straight to the location, which will cause you to get stuck if you directly follow the arrow.
- No Hi-Color mode support for cutscenes, unlike Tomb Raider. Instead, it gave you comic book-style cutscenes.