BratZ 4 Real
Jump to navigation Jump to search
BratZ 4 Real is an "adventure" game developed and published by THQ for the Nintendo DS and Microsoft Windows. It is based on the movie based on the BratZ toy line.
Why It Sucks
- The game barely explains anything story-wise to you, and the few times it does try to explain something, it does so through poor cutscenes ripped straight from the movie and put into the game with little to no effort. These cutscenes, apart from looking awful, barely do anything to make you understand anything.
- Very lazily made graphics and animations. The characters look like they are made of plastic shaped in the form of a human being and painted, while the BratZ have only one animation that has been copied and pasted to the others. Sometimes, in fact, when a BratZ moves, the others will repeat the same movement due to the animations being cut and pasted from one BratZ to the other.
- Nonsensical situations. For example, when trying to buy a blend, the blender will break and we'll need to fix it. To do so, we need to find a hockey stick and use it to pull out the broken blade of the blender, then we'll meet a depressed girl who wants us to cheer her up. In order to do this, we'll have to go to the bar and interact with a poem vending machine to get a poem to read to the girl. Let that sink in.
- At the beginning of the game, we'll be dragged into a pointless minigame called "Foodfight" where we'll need to throw food to some people who are trying to do the same to us. This minigame is extremely broken, since there is no recovery time for our enemies and, after hitting them, we'll be able to hit them again over and over, making hundreds of thousands of points in the process.
- The game is very short and shallow: there is little to no reason to keep playing this game after finishing, yet the game can be beaten in little more than half an hour.
- Worst of all, the developers charged 35.00$ for the game!
- There's barely any variety in the game - everything boils down to "go to a shop, see someone that wants the same thing as you, draw it away from what you want, go to another shop" until the end of the game. However...
- The game has no ending - after clearing the final chapter, you are just sent back to the main menu, with the game 100% completed, without anything such as thanks or credits.
- On the topic of credits, you can only see them only if you select the option of the same name from the main menu.
- Questionable life lessons such as wasting food, cheating to win, or the importance of shopping.
- Oddly enough, the BratZ never pay when buying something.
- Based on an already terrible movie.