BitLife: Life Simulator, usually referred to as BitLife, is a mobile life simulator game created by developer CandyWriter LLC on September 29, 2018. The game utilizes a text-based format to try and create a somewhat accurate simulator while still having a strong level of playability and pessimistic humour. It has risen to be one of the most downloaded apps in both the Google Play Store and App Store in 2019. In October 2018, the app made its official accounts on Twitter and Reddit and in February 2019, it launched a YouTube channel. On October 18, 2019, BitLife starting selling their own merchandise.
The article will only cover the Android version
Why It Sucks
- The reasons why this version is terrible because it suffers from multiple problems and it has a big gap between this and the iOS version in regards to updates, resulting in the player's of this version missing content and features.
- Speaking of the missing features, you cannot add custom cities, create a scenario, or even favoriting activities.
- The game doesn't have a tutorial (something the iOS version has), which makes players impossible to understand the concept of the game, unless if they look up on what to do.
- There has been a lack of updates from November 2, 2020 to present.
- While it's a rare possibility to happen, there is a chance that it will reset all your data for no particular reason.
- Although it's a simple game, there is an amount of bugs and glitches:
- For example, the game will restart even if you leave and simply keep it in the background running without closing it all together.
- Trying again as any generation life will go to a random life instead of trying it again.
- Another glitch, which you can only able to type letters, this glitch can't be fixed and instead it stays for a long period of time.
- Very little content to the game, compared to the iOS version.
- The graphics are at least retained from the iOS version
- The controls are decent, while the iOS version had stiff controls, replacing the buttons with swiping.
- Although this version is bad, it's at least understandable why it's not like the iOS version.
- For starters, the developers don't have a lot of knowledge with developing on Android devices, even having to hire someone who knew about coding apps for Android to merge the code and get the updates coming.
- Secondly, the reason to why the game doesn't have any updates since the mentioned date above was because CandyWriter has been trying to merge the code and updates to the iOS version, so both versions can get new updates at the same time, while allowing the players on the platform to be on-par with the iOS ones.