Ben 10 Alien Force (2008 video game)
Ben 10: Alien Force is an action-adventure video game based on the American animated television series of the same name. The game was released in North America on October 28, 2008 and February 2009 in the United Kingdom.
Why It Sucks
NOTE: This will only focus on PS2, PSP, and Wii versions.
- The gameplay is repetitive and can get old even halfway through the first level. All you ever do is smash buttons just to beat up the enemies.
- Mediocre graphics.
- It uses the "platform sinking" cliche in a beat-em-up game, which does not mix well.
- Just like Protector of Earth, you only get 5 aliens, which shows D3 Publisher did not learn from their last game.
- Even worse, you start off with only two.
- Lazy game over screen which just shows the word "Defeated."
- At the first level, it tells you to break some kind of gate to access through, but it is very hard to find the gate, making it semi-impossible to find the gate. Even worse, it doesn't give you any directions.
- The controls can sometimes be unresponsive.
- The game has a dirty trick to get you to do more stuff. For example, on Level 1 there's something you can do, but you can't do it unless you have Spidermonkey, which is later unlocked after Level 1!
- The DS version is a huge improvement, as it is considered harder than the console versions, has a puzzle element, and has overall better graphics, presentation, sound, and gameplay.
- It's not as bad as Ben 10 Alien Force: The Rise of Hex, its third sequel.