Beauty and the Beast: Roar of the Beast
|This article needs cleanup to meet our rules and guidelines. You can help by.|
|Beauty and the Beast: Roar of the Beast|
Beauty and the Beast: Roar of the Beast is one of two video games published by Sunsoft (the other being Beauty and the Beast: Belle's Quest) to promote the 1991 animated Disney film, Beauty and the Beast, which is often regarded as one of the greatest animated films of all time.
Wild animals have invaded Beast's castle and Beast has to get rid of them. Later he must defeat his evil rival, Gaston.
Why It Sucks
- Lousy hit detection made worse due to the fact Beast has to be close to any enemy to deal damage.
- Only four levels with godawful gameplay needed to drag it out.
- Randomized boss fight mechanics. In the first level, the bear mid-boss used randomized movements making it hard to strategize. Made more dangerous due to the fact the bear does very heavy damage.
- Level designs are repetitive making you question your progress in the game.
- To add some insult to injury, this was released two years after the movie was released whereas some movie-based games are released on the same year.
- The graphics are pretty good.
- Pretty good music, some tracks being faithful Genesis counterparts of songs from the film.
Batb:RotB has a 2.49 rating on GameFAQs and is the #57 lowest rated action game for the Genesis.