Beauty and the Beast: Belle's Quest
Beauty and the Beast: Belle's Quest is one of two video games published by Sunsoft (the other being Beauty and the Beast: Roar of the Beast), released to promote the 1991 animated Disney film, Beauty and the Beast, which is often regarded as one of the greatest animated films of all time.
Following the movie, Belle must make her way to the Beast's castle and fall in love.
Why It Sucks
- Very boring gameplay. In the first level the objective to to get Gaston to move a boulder by using his ego to get a book and go to your house. Aside from birds, nothing hurts you.
- Very short and can be beaten in just 30 minutes.
- Two of the levels consist of maze exploration. While you have some clues given to you in the woods section, the much longer West Wing level gives none.
- It's often considered a puzzle solver game, but not very challenging.
- No end boss. You just ride Phillipe to the end of the final track to win the game.
- Pointless bonus levels to increase your score.
- Much easier than the other BatB game.
- Decent graphics.
- Pretty good music, some tracks being faithful Genesis counterparts of songs from the film.
The game has a 2.71 rating on GameFAQs and is considered the 88th lowest rated action game on the Genesis. It is however considered to be better than Roar of the Beast.