Battlefield Hardline is a first-person shooter video game developed by Visceral Games and published by Electronic Arts. It was released in March 2015 for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One.
This is the final game to be developed by Visceral Games before EA shut them down in 2017.
You play as Nick Mendoza an, Miami police officer helping Miami in a drug war that the city has found it's self in up until he arrested by his captain Dawes (who framed Nick)for a crime he did not commit, He was broke out of prison by an ex-officer Khai Minh Dao, who would team up with Mendoza to kill Dawes, their former and corrupted captain and and the Miami Police Department's corruption.
- While the cops and robbers theme looks good on paper, it is rather unfitting for the Battlefield franchise.
- And the game is known to be a reskin of Battlefield 4 but with the cops and robbers theme in it
- Bare bones presentation.
- The graphics actually look much worse than Battlefield 4, despite running on the same engine.
- Very bad physics.
- Bad story that feels like a generic cop drama show.
- Cringry script, especially one line with Khai saying "Karate is mystical bullshit".
- The so-called episodes (missions) in the single player campaign are very repetitive. The campaign itself is also very short and easy.
- The new multiplayer mode is very forgettable as all you need to do is drive a marked vehicle as fast as possible to acquire points.
- Frustratingly poor server quality.
- Bland, unlikable and forgettable characters, including Dune's dad.
- Lots of glitches and bugs, including environmental clipping.
- Very long load times.
- Uninspired map design.
- The early versions had framerate issues.
- The premium deluxe edition bonus content does not justify the high price point.
- Laughable friendly and enemy AI.
- Because of this game We'll never see a Dead Space 4 due to EA shut down Visceral Games.
- Great soundtrack.
- Great sound design like other Battlefield or DICE games.
- Despite the weak story, at times it makes you interested.
- It would be better as a completely new IP and if it was more polished.
- The weapon animations are big improvement over the previous games, as they're have robotic animations.
- Lots of funny rare reload animations and Easter Eggs, like a drivable couch and an alligator that you can use as a weapon.
- Good vehicle designs.
- The servers, while disappointing, are still much better than Battlefield 4 at launch.
The game's official trailer
Angry Joe's review of the game
- Additional work by EA DICE