Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ballz 3D (sometimes incorrectly 3D Ballz) is a fighting game released in 1994 for the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive, Super Nintendo and 3DO. It was published by Accolade.
Why It Sucks
- Unresponsive controls.
- Constant slowdown, especially in the SNES version.
- Unfair AI.
- The music and sounds are weird, with erotic sounds like moaning and grunting.
- Despite the large roster, the characters actually all look the same due to all of them being composed of colored balls.
- Dull backgrounds with billboards that constantly display annoying messages commenting on the gameplay.
- The fight against Guggler the ostrich, the first boss of five bosses in the game, is cheap. She can restore her health by sticking her head in the ground, and she is usually as far away from you because she has a throw attack, and there is no action for rushing forward that you can take to reach her quickly. Also, of course, her attacks also have to overpower yours if you do an attack while she does one.
- This game is so stupid, it's laughable.
- The pseudo-3D graphics look pasable, especially in replay mode, where the player can rotate the camera freely.
- The developers reused this graphic technology for their much more successful series of virtual pet games, Petz.
- While the title music is off-putting, the battle music is actually decent and nicely captures the energetic nature the game was going for.
- In the 3DO version, the opening soundtrack does not start the moans.