Jump to navigation Jump to search
AtGames (also known as AtGames Digital Media Inc.) is an American video game and console manufacturer founded in 2001. They are notoriously known for their shady business practices and has gotten even worse over the years.
Why They Suck
- First of all, most of the products they produce range from either terrible, to flat-out abysmal.
- One example would be their FireCore console. The sound quality has been completely butchered on their console.
- Let's not forget they have ported over 40 Sega Genesis titles.
- Speaking of which, they even added 40 bonus games that have nothing to do with the Sega Genesis at all, and instead just feels like it was taken from other franchises.
- They even have the audacity to make their own Plug n' Play systems for the Sega Genesis, which is further explained in this article.
- Terrible customer support: They even had the nerve to mislead John Hancock into reviewing their inferior products such as the Bandai Namco Flashback Blast.
- And to add insult to injury, they were sued by Bandai Namco Entertainment for their unauthorized use of Ms. Pac-Man and copyright infringement, only for that case to be thrown out in court.
- The games that are in their consoles contain illegal ROMs containing both the Famicom and NES versions of the exact same games, depending on which versions you own.
- And to make matters worse, the controls on all the games are delayed, making it harder for you to make a move, or do anything at all.
- On the other hand with the Sega Genesis Classic Game console, you will notice that the console itself looks cheap, and the controllers are wireless. If you think that this involves Bluetooth or anything like that, you'd be wrong. The only "wireless" feature that they have added would the infrared light.
- In order for it to work, you can't be far away from the console, otherwise it won't light up, or do anything unless you're in the same room with the console itself.
- False advertising: The consoles themselves were advertised to have remastered games from older consoles, but in reality, they are terrible ports with terrible music, stiff controls, and the controllers appear to be small, making it inferior to said consoles instead.
- They also couldn't be bothered to offer refunds to anyone who bought their consoles, meaning that it is nearly impossible to get your money back at all.
- As mentioned with the consoles they have manufactured, all of their consoles look like knockoffs of older consoles, such as the Sega Genesis, which happens to be the worst offender, appearing to be very small, almost looking similar to that of a radio, or even the NES Classics console.
- Picking up from WIS#3, John Hancock even acknowledged the fact that he was being used to mislead people into buying their products that they have made. They also never return calls to their customers at all.
- To further rub salt onto the wound, some games do not work properly, and most of the time, half the games run PAINFULLY slow. The following examples are:
- Sonic The Hedgehog 1, 2, and 3.
- Mortal Kombat 1, 2, and 3.
- Streets of Rage 2 (the worst offender).
- Comix Zone.
- Nearly all the games suffer from game-breaking glitches, such as the visuals being all over the place in some games, or other glitches that are noticeable.
The Only Redeeming Quality
- Their Atari 2600 systems and their Legends Ultimate Arcade Machine are pretty good.