Warning! This article is NSFW!
This article may contain content unsuitable for readers under eighteen years or older.
Artificial Academy (ジンコウガクエン, Jinkou Gakuen) is an adult game developed by Illusion. The game serves as a eroge high school social simulation, which you can create and play any of up to 25 students of varying gender and sexual orientation. You can also make friends, enemies and lovers during your gameplay by interaction abilities, to achieve more popularity in your school.
Why It Sucks
- The graphics are very ugly and outdated, that it looks more like a PS1 game.
- The gameplay is very tedious, since you have to control your character by clicking on some area of the game.
- For example, if you want to interact with a student, you have to click on the character, but only if he/she is the same place as you are. If he/she is not, then you have to click on a green button with a book to find the specific student you want to chat.
- Other example is if you want to go to another place, you have to click on a green button with school building and compass, and choose which location you want to go.
- Speaking of which, the game doesn't tell where the students are nor what they are doing, so if you find and interact with the student you want to chat, there is a chance of you interruping a conversation between that student, or worse, encountering him/her in the restroom (if it is a opposite gender student).
- There is no plot or challenges to do, you just have to interact with other students to befriend and that's it.
- When you interact with a student, you will recieve a choice of 24 actions to select, but the problem is that these choices are just buttons with drawings with no explanation of what you character will say to the student. If you choose a wrong choice, it will end up making you look like an idiot, a bully or even a pervert to the student you want to befriend.
- Speaking of the interaction choices, there are choices to fight and insult someone, which are very mean-spirited.
- Sometimes, it is very hard to befriend with other students, since some of them can show no interest in chatting with you. Also, it takes a long time to a student becoming your boyfriend/girlfriend.
- There is also a chance of that student rejects your confession, meaning that all of the work to befriend and confess for that person was for nothing.
- The background animations of the characters (like running and having sex) are hilariously bad.
- For the most part, a student will come and interact with you, while it isn't a problem, this can be very annoying when you interact with another student and you're being interrupted by someone who also wants to chat.
- It's worse if that someone is your lover, who will act like a jealous freak who constantly does not allow you to interact with other students than his/her.
- The activities (Study, Lunch, Practice) will not benefit the player in any way.
- The characters when interacted, have poor facial expressions, who make them look like robots.
- The game doesn't automatically save. The only way to save is to wait for the school day to finish.
- The sex scenes are very badly animated.
- While the background music is not bad, it constantly changes when interacting a student based by his/her mood, which can be very annoying.
- The game only gives you 4 personalities for male students, while there is 22 personalities for female students.
- Despite not having a plot, there is an ending, which is very disturbing.
- To get this, you have to create a student with an "Evil" trait. After this, the player must befriend and date with this "Evil" student. Next, the player will have to cheat him/her with another person. After all of this, the "Evil" student will kill you and the screen will flash red, taking you back to the title screen.
- The voice acting is good.
- The game gives you a lot of different elements to create your own student, like hair, body, personality, trait, etc.
- The sequel, while it's still have some issues from the first game, is a very good improvement.