Altered Beast (2005 video game)
Altered Beast, also known as Jūōki: Project Altered Beast (獣王記 Project Altered Beast) in Japan, is a 2005 action/adventure, beat 'em up video game for the PlayStation 2. It was notable for not receiving a North American release.
Unlike the original game, which took place in Ancient Greece, this game takes place during the present day.
Why It Sucks
- Clunky controls.
- Terrible camera.
- Tedious and repetitive combat.
- The game features only six transformations.
- You can learn new attacks in monster form, but no longer than a magic-meter indicates.
- Bad soundtrack.
- It is very short.
- Little to no replay value.
- The transformation sequences cross the line of the age rating, in fact the Japan release had a 18+ Rating (17+ Mature in the EU).
- It was the first game of the franchise to be in 3D.
- Decent grasp of source material.
- Most have considered the game “so bad, it’s good”.
- The CG cutscenes are not half bad. Even the transformation scenes had effort put into them.