Elsword (Korean: 엘소드) is an MMORPG developed by the South Korean company KOG Studios, which is notorious for trying to replace their former MMO Grand Chase.
- When it comes to feedback, KOG only listen to the Korean community and not anyone else. The infamous nerfs were caused by complaints by the community itself, as they complained about PVP issues but the developers took it to PVE as well.
- The game revolves around maximizing your damage input to the hundred-thousands to millions by spamming cheap combos (the most notable example is Rose, who can make a 1000 combos in less than 10 seconds with her 3rd form) leaving basically no challenge whatsoever in PVE/PVP. (with 10k maximize and critical your attack somehow amps up to the hundred-thousands/millions)
- The game is extremely salty when it comes to getting good gear.
- The characters range from overpowered like Ain (due to his ignore defense buff) and useless like Elsword. Every so often, nerfs and buffs have people constantly shuffling around for top-tier characters, whether it be damage nerfs or other kinds of nerfs, as well.
- It was developed in a way that would recycle elements from its predecessor; Grand Chase. They even stuffed Elesis from Grand Chase and made the game almost an indirect sequel to Grand Chase by making her almost the same character. As usual, it cannot decide if it wants to be a different game from Grand Chase or a sequel.
- You have a stamina bar which drains averagely around 7-8 dungeons in the lategame.
- Unforgiving difficulty spikes; when you reach the Atlas Station, the enemies' damage inflation doubles where it takes around 10 to 20 hits for enemies to kill you, even with par-grade gear. Most of the enemies are easily fought by ranged characters, leaving some melee characters mediocre at best.
- They even decided to cram multiple foreign servers into one international server.
- In several servers (such as the Thai server), it sold an item which was required to progress the character into the next class with real world money, although you can get it for free through a long grind.
- The gameplay is praised by many audiences, despite the disappointment of the old Grand Chase playerbase and the flaws described above.
- Good soundtrack.
- Good character design.
- The voice acting which is found on many foreign servers can be pretty good.
- Well-animated cutscenes.