Jump to navigation Jump to search
Dalmatians is a video game franchise developed by The Code Monkeys and initially published by Midas Interactive Entertainment, who published only the first installment titled The Dalmatians, which was released in 2000 only in Europe. Since 2003, the Dalmatians series has been acquired by Phoenix Games, which is responsible for the publishing of the second installment, until the fourth one.
Why They Suck
- None of the "sequels" are actually sequels. Instead, they are ports, and in the case of the second game it is just a republish of the first game by Phoenix Games instead of Midas Entertainment.
- Extremely horrible voice acting (Dalmatians 2 has even worse voice acting).
- Unimaginable terrible animation.
- Not really a game, but a compilation of mini-games and a movie.
- False advertising: In Dalmatians 3, both Cruella De Vil, The Purple Fox, Pongo, and Perdita appear on the cover even though they never appear anywhere in the game. However, Pongo barely appears in The Dalmatians but not in the sequel. Also, there are far more dogs in the box art than in the entire movie, in which there are only 3.
- There is swearing in it when it's rated 3+ by both PEGI and ELSPA, such example is in Dalmatians 3 where this German Shepherd dog says "Oh that police man, ohh he will be mad as hell!".
- There is also an inappropriate mishearing in one of the scenes with the dog with sunglasses, which sounds like he's saying "Swallow my b*llocks."
- The Dalmatians 4 box art, just like other Phoenix games on the Wii, is poorly-made and strange.
- The movie is 45 minutes long. Like other Phoenix games on Compact Discs, by the time it finishes the disc will be overheated and warped and will never play again.
- While it looks like a rip-off of Disney's One Hundred and One Dalmatians, it's most likely to be a blatant rip-off of the 1985 Pound Puppies TV Special.
- It teaches no skills or life lessons, which is unacceptable for a game rated 3+.
The Only Redeeming Quality
- While these games are bad, at least the soundtracks for all four games are decent.
- In Germany is known as Auf der Suche nach den Dalmatinern
- In Germany Dalmatians 2 is known as Auf der Suche nach den Dalmatinern: Noch mehr Dalmatiner